Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Penny Hockey Project

     I recently finished my Penny Hockey board. The project is relatively easy to make and the materials are very cheap. If I were to do this again, I would make sure that my wood is the exact length and that I line it up well before nail gunning it. Now my wood has space between the connections. It looks ok, but the holes are very obvious and ruin the first impression. I need to work on improving my skills of using tools and making more precise measurements. Some of the tolls that we used are the Miter Saw, Table Saw, Band Saw, Nail Gun, and Cordless Drill. We took safety quizzes for each tool so that we can be safe when operating them. The sandpaper tool curved the wood on my board and made me have holes at the connections.
     For autodesk, we at first made all the parts with the appropriate dimensions. Then we had to constrain all the parts together to form the board. For the document set, we labeled individual parts and dimensioned them. We made a parts list and a title page. It was confusing how to include enough dimensions but not too many for the assembly. I felt that I dimensioned just enough because using mathematics you are able to find any dimensions you need. I was afraid to overdimension. If I were to do this again, I would invest more time in sanding the board, rounding the edges, and maybe painting the wood. 

My Penny Hockey Project

No comments:

Post a Comment